Oh my, it has been awhile!
Dec. 21st, 2011 10:06 pmHello livejournal!
I have been out of touch for a while. I hope all of you are doing well, and surviving this holiday season!
I finally started seeing a brain doctor, and we're in the process of diagnosing me with things and getting me on medication. See, we'd done that, and the diagnosis was incorrect. Here's the deal: it looks like I'm bipolar, with general anxiety disorder and OCD. This has been getting worse and worse over the past year or so, and once I quit smoking in July, my mind just went totally out of whack. No more self-medication, I guess. So I set up an appt with the mental health thing in town and saw a doctor, and they diagnosed me with depression first, instead of bipolar. And put me on medication.
Sometimes, when you give antidepressants to someone who is bipolar, it knocks them into a manic episode, or rapid cycling. It kicked me into rapid cycling, so I did that for a month, freaking out and having panic attacks and crying and all kinds of uncomfortable mental states before i saw the doctor again, and we discussed the possibility that I am bipolar. So yep, looks like I am. We switched my meds. That was... a few days ago that I got on new meds? I'm still kind of manic, but the medication is making me feel a little woozy and drunk, too. I will get used to it. Even woozy and drunk and kind of manic is better than I felt last month.
But I haven't been talking to anyone, and I haven't been able to draw or write since the beginning of November. It's really sucked XD But things are heading in the right direction now, so I am relieved about that. I'm also in the process of applying for disability (DR recommended it for mental disability, plus I have a bad back and hip that's been getting worse.) I've filed the initial paperwork, and I have a dr's appt on the 30th to get some kind of diagnosis/opinion for my back and hip stuff.
I really have not been myself for some time now. I apologize if there was anyone whose feelings I've hurt, because I probably didn't realize it. I'm also sorry I've fallen out of touch with friends. I'm gonna try to reopen those friendships, because I have totally isolated myself over the months, and I miss people.
Fandom-wise, I haven't really been doing much. Still into Bleachy stuff, posted a weirdass collab storybook XD a while back when I was trying to force myself back onto the internets, today posted a cuddly Chad/Ishida picture. That is the first thing I've been able to draw in about a month, phew. Hopefully I will be able to draw tomorrow too, so I can get back to work on commissions (and take care of some of this nervous energy XD;).
Other than that, I've been listening to a lot of Elbow and Queens of the Stone Age, amateurishly crocheting scarves, and playing.....lol, I keep forgetting the name of this game. Which is ironic. Because it's called *looks it up* Amnesia(the Dark Descent) lolol
Also, I've made a new account on Dreamwidth, just because. If you are there and want to friend me, I am http://imlithing.dreamwidth.org/ :)
I have been out of touch for a while. I hope all of you are doing well, and surviving this holiday season!
I finally started seeing a brain doctor, and we're in the process of diagnosing me with things and getting me on medication. See, we'd done that, and the diagnosis was incorrect. Here's the deal: it looks like I'm bipolar, with general anxiety disorder and OCD. This has been getting worse and worse over the past year or so, and once I quit smoking in July, my mind just went totally out of whack. No more self-medication, I guess. So I set up an appt with the mental health thing in town and saw a doctor, and they diagnosed me with depression first, instead of bipolar. And put me on medication.
Sometimes, when you give antidepressants to someone who is bipolar, it knocks them into a manic episode, or rapid cycling. It kicked me into rapid cycling, so I did that for a month, freaking out and having panic attacks and crying and all kinds of uncomfortable mental states before i saw the doctor again, and we discussed the possibility that I am bipolar. So yep, looks like I am. We switched my meds. That was... a few days ago that I got on new meds? I'm still kind of manic, but the medication is making me feel a little woozy and drunk, too. I will get used to it. Even woozy and drunk and kind of manic is better than I felt last month.
But I haven't been talking to anyone, and I haven't been able to draw or write since the beginning of November. It's really sucked XD But things are heading in the right direction now, so I am relieved about that. I'm also in the process of applying for disability (DR recommended it for mental disability, plus I have a bad back and hip that's been getting worse.) I've filed the initial paperwork, and I have a dr's appt on the 30th to get some kind of diagnosis/opinion for my back and hip stuff.
I really have not been myself for some time now. I apologize if there was anyone whose feelings I've hurt, because I probably didn't realize it. I'm also sorry I've fallen out of touch with friends. I'm gonna try to reopen those friendships, because I have totally isolated myself over the months, and I miss people.
Fandom-wise, I haven't really been doing much. Still into Bleachy stuff, posted a weirdass collab storybook XD a while back when I was trying to force myself back onto the internets, today posted a cuddly Chad/Ishida picture. That is the first thing I've been able to draw in about a month, phew. Hopefully I will be able to draw tomorrow too, so I can get back to work on commissions (and take care of some of this nervous energy XD;).
Other than that, I've been listening to a lot of Elbow and Queens of the Stone Age, amateurishly crocheting scarves, and playing.....lol, I keep forgetting the name of this game. Which is ironic. Because it's called *looks it up* Amnesia(the Dark Descent) lolol
Also, I've made a new account on Dreamwidth, just because. If you are there and want to friend me, I am http://imlithing.dreamwidth.org/ :)
no subject
Date: 2011-12-22 05:14 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2011-12-22 03:29 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2011-12-22 07:14 am (UTC)I hope things can get better for you <3
*HUUUUUUUG*
(I need to come back to Ygall :_D)
no subject
Date: 2011-12-22 03:30 pm (UTC)Thank you! <3
no subject
Date: 2011-12-22 09:14 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2011-12-22 03:33 pm (UTC)I would love to get to know you better! Right now I'm trying to drag myself out from under my rock XD Once I'm feeling a bit more sociable I will definitely email you. I am also awkward at the first parts of this kind of thing, but if we're both awkward, maybe that will make it easier somehow XD
no subject
Date: 2011-12-22 02:16 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2011-12-22 03:33 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2011-12-22 04:00 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2011-12-22 11:16 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2011-12-22 05:23 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2011-12-22 11:16 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2011-12-23 12:41 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2011-12-22 06:54 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2011-12-22 11:17 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2011-12-22 07:10 pm (UTC)And now I remember I need to reschedule an appointment with my therapist. LOL.
I hope the new stuff works a LOT better for you, so you can feel better. GOOD LUCK BB!!
Much love, and merry christmukkah and all that! Don'tcha hate the new LJ look?
no subject
Date: 2011-12-22 11:19 pm (UTC)Oh, I need to reschedule too, oops.
My doctor actually told me it was like she was looking at a huge wall of choices, and she just had to decide which one to pick this time. I was like, great XD
Thank you! I hope it does too. It seems like it is already.
Mu ch love to you too! <3 And watch your mail, I happened upon something and thought immediately of you <3
no subject
Date: 2011-12-23 03:36 am (UTC)Lots of hot chocolate and marshmellows, as well as fluffy visions of Chad, Ishida and everything sweet to you. Crocheting sounds good as does listening to music you like. I'll be sending good thoughts your way!
no subject
Date: 2011-12-25 11:31 am (UTC)